Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Rescued Recipes

I was flipping through the March 2012 Ladies Home Journal and saw this article. It's always exciting finding people with a love and appreciation of other peoples pasts. Susan LaRosa rescues vintage cookbooks, then bakes the found desserts. She also has a Blog where she shares these wonderful recipes.


It inspired me to look through my Great Grandmothers cookbook{which was originally her Mothers~ my Great Great Grandmother} from 1894.

I was hoping to find a handwritten recipe to make. I found one for Pieplant Custard Pie- sounds yummy....until I googled pieplant{because I had no idea what it was} and found out it was Rhubarb- yuck! 
So I settled for a Bread Pudding recipe that had an X next to it. Maybe a favorite?
I made a couple of small changes: I added raisins & left out the layer of Jelly.

Y-U-M! Everyone loved it♥

No comments: