Sunday, September 16, 2012

Domino Inspiration...

I'm so glad I held onto my Domino Magazines especially since they're no longer around. I remember flipping through this 2005 issue and falling in love with an office they were featuring....
Ever since then I've wanted a Hutch like this. I'm not sure if it was the color or how awesome the piece was, but I've been keeping my eye out for something like it ever since.
I've learned that usually when you're looking for something specific, that's when it's the hardest to find OR you find it when you can't afford it. So, sometimes you just have to work with what you have.
What I did have was white paint{left over from a project}and a swatch of the color I wanted. I took my can of paint to Home Depot and asked if they could match it~ they did, and the best part= it was free :)

I also had this Hutch that I've had for about 11 years~  even though it's more country than modern.... it would have to do for now. 

Even though it's not what I originally wanted, I think it turned out pretty cute~ it gives the room a nice pop of color! Since I used what I already had: paint, hutch & knobs, the only thing it cost was my time :)

2 comments:

Carly said...

It's a beauty!

Unknown said...

I have that same issue and have looked at that picture a million times. Your hutch looks great! I love it : )