Monday, August 16, 2010

Upcycled Flea Market Finds

This has become a new addiction of mine. In the past when I've found a vintage framed mirror I would automatically turn it into a chalkboard or memo board. Now I love taking ornate mirrors and upcycling them~ turning them into colorful wall decor.

I found a box of these old drawer pulls that I knew would look much better painted....
Way better!!
A few of my favorite Flickr Upcycled Creations:
{Beautiful Reconstructed skirt from vintage fabrics}So pretty!
{Upcycled Vintage Train Case}LOVE this!
{Upcycled Umbrella Dog Raincoat} LOL, how cute is that(love his face)! What a great idea.
{Upcycled Vintage Brooch}Beautiful!

Here are a couple of my latest Flea Market Finds:
{Vintage paper lanterns & pom poms}
{Vintage cat eye glasses}

I have more to share but my camera batteries died, I'm up to my ears in back to school shopping and school registration. 13 days til everyone's back in school, peace and quite for a whole 6 1/2 hours a day, five days a week. woo hoo! I know I'm not the only mom who's excited about this :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it all! Great job on the repainted mirror and drawer pulls! Its amazing what a little paint will do to an object isn't it? I need to put you in touch with my friends FB page so you can get inspired by all her awesome shabby chic stuff too! She doesn't have a blog, she uses her FB page to post her stuff.

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

I love those lanterns - I just saw an old post on Dottie Angel on how she put her lanterns outside in the sun for awhile to give them more of an aged look.

I know how feel about school starting. I feel like skipping and doing cartwheels but I know that soon I will be saying how much I miss them during the day.

Kristen said...

Marcy~ I'd love to see your friends FB page, you can never have too much inspiration :)