Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Sunny Valentines Day...

It felt so much like summer today, warm and sunny. Everywhere you looked people were wearing shorts, sundresses and flip flops. It's hard to believe that some parts of the world are covered in snow. So we headed to one of my favorite places....
The Beach


We could even see a little bit of Catalina.
Sand Berms still piled high protecting homes from high surf and high tide.



This is where I spent weekends and summers growing up{second floor, right on the boardwalk} my Dad had the ultimate Bachelor pad!

This has always been my favorite house, a Cottage on the Beach~ could it get much better than that???
I finally got around to re-doing my bathroom. About a week ago I stripped the paint, sanded and primed it{all in one day} I wasn't sure my hands and forearms were ever going to be the same! So now that I've recovered, it's time to paint. I'm using mint green with pink and white accents. I just bought these cute cottage prints that I plan on framing and hanging in there.
I also bought these darling Tea Towels, they were just too cute to pass up!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Yes we are pretty spoiled living here in So Cal... ahhh, life is so good... I wore my lil gap sundress and flip flops and shopped all afternoon ahhh it was a good Sunday.

Sheila

Erin said...

Very pretty. I am going to check out those cottage prints. They are so me. Love the tea towels.

melissadc76 said...

I grew up in SoCal and live in Idaho now. I was just thinking to myself yesterday, today is nice enough I may break out my flip-flops tomorrow, then woke up this morning to SNOW :S

Well, I hope you enjoy it!
Melissa