Monday, December 21, 2009

Four Days til Christmas....

And I'm no where near done with shopping. It gets so crazy this time of year, I dread getting out into the crowds.
Finally got the tree up and decorated. With not much room in our living room for a tree...it ended up getting squished into this space.
My kids are all out of school for their holiday break. My girls love to bake, so we decided to bake cupcakes. They wanted to make something Christmas~eee{we only had lemon cake mix}so since yellow & blue= Green....
we added blue food coloring to the mix, and ended up with minty green cupcakes.
Since we were using what we had on hand, the only edible red we had: Raspberries. I thought it was a good idea, like little Christmas tree's.
But when they were all done, they stood back & said "they look like nipples...like a plate full of boobs!" NICE! We won't be passing any of these out.
Next time we use sprinkles.

3 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Oh, man! Don't you hate it when they do that?! I think your cupcakes are lovely! Love your Christmas tree, too--ours is also squished in! Oh, well! Hope you and your family have a fabulous Christmas!

Rosa said...

Oh yum!!! I haven't cooked any goodies--only 'cause I have gained 15 pounds since summer!!! K, enough! But yours looks oh-so-good!!!! Merry Merry!

Junknista said...

Oh I love the green! My favorite jadite green. They look yummy. Your kids did a great job.