Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hand Stamped Fabric

This is something I've been wanting to try for awhile. I love the personal one-of-a-kind handmade look. I'm still in the middle of re-doing my daughters room. One thing she'd like is custom curtains and lots of throw pillows, how perfect would hand stamped fabric be for both. I found a great tutorial here at CreativeKismet's Blog.
She made this ribbon and fabric for a Swap~ how cute!

Other cool stamping options:
Stamped fabric pin, by: laurabucci

Hand stamped sewing labels, by: modernartstudio

Hand printed Birdcage fabric, by: plainjanetextiles

This is as far we've gotten in the room re-do. We found this beautiful HUGE decorative mirror, a big switch from a little girls cutesy pink room{as you can see by the hanging names & floral curtains}. I'd really like to do the curtains next, now we just need to figure out which fabric and stamps to use.

Recently I decided to take one of my Chalkboards out of my Shop to hang & use. Not to toot my own horn, but I have to say I'm really loving it! I don't miss the scraps of paper here and there where I would keep my appointments or reminders.

Finally, a little more organized :)