Monday, April 27, 2009

Vintage Beach Pails...


I would love to start a collection of Vintage Beach/Sand Pails! I had a friend who had a shelf that ran along the wall in her hallway with some of the cutest Pails lined up one after the other. I've wanted to get my hands on some for years but they can be pretty pricey. To get an idea of just how sought after they are, stop off at Huxtins. They have a huge selection for sale with prices ranging from $60 - $165. So for now my best bet will be keeping my eye out for them at Flea Markets, Thrift Stores and Estate Sales.

1. vintage tin sand pail, 2. jersey shore, 3. Knitting Needles, 4. Chien Pail, 5. vintage pails, 6. Thrifted Pail


Seriously, how cute is that?!!

6 comments:

our little love nest said...

Love the ladder collection of sand pails....wonderful!!xo
~dee

Shipguy17257 said...

Greetings Kristen----

I am an avid sand pail collector so....... Jump on board collecting it is a great hobby !!!!

Where do you live???? I am from Pennsylvania and I am working on a sand pail exhibit at the Rehoboth Beach Museum in Rehoboth Beach Delaware...... close to half my collection will be on display.... about 150 of my 300 sand pails.The show runs for a year.....

There are about 5 or 6 great collector books out there that will really help you getting started...... Ebay is a great source..... you can get lots of nice pails for under $20.... Local high end antique store and flea markets are also great sources....

Huxtins is high (David Huxtable)but he is a great guy with high quality merchandise...... I have meet him several times at the DC Flea Market in Washington DC.... he does take lower prices when you deal directly with him......

Have fun !!!!! It is a fun collectible and brings back great memories..... If you have any questions...... send me an email.... resmit@ship.edu
It is hard to find other collectors.

Good Luck ---- Robert Smith, Shippensburg PA

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

I am in love with your pails!

Kim G. said...

Yay! Vintage pails! I'll put my one lonely little pail in a post for you!

Leigh said...

Oooh, love your blog! I was searching for info on vintage sand pails because I found one today and came across your site. Love it!

Rosa said...

I'm thinking about starting a collection too and just did a search and found you! Nice to meet you!