Friday, March 27, 2009

Who Says You Need A Pattern?

My sewing machine's been looking a little naked...and collecting too much dust. I don't like keeping the big clunky cover on it, just in case I get inspired to sew. I decided I would start and complete a cover for it today since the rest of the weekend will be filled with completing other projects for my shop(I'm working on something new that I'm really excited about). I found lots of really cute and clever machine covers on flickr.

I have tons of fabric perfect for mixing and matching. I also have quilt remnants that I wanted to include. This quilt has been given so many lives. I've made quilted scarves, pillows, hot/cold bag covers and a pouch.

I also used some vintage sheeting. This sherbet floral print is my all time favorite!


All done!

That was pretty easy and I didn't even use a pattern :)

4 comments:

The McClintock's said...

What a great idea! You seem to be a very crafty woman!

Junknista said...

Adorable as always!

ittybittybirdy said...

OH my I sew wish I could sew. I collect vintage pillow cases in the hope that would day I might use them in my own sewing projects. I love your case! Lovely work!

Kristen said...

Thanks :)