Sunday, August 10, 2008

Flea Market finds....

I love Sundays, especially when I get the chance to go Flea Marketing! I got there by 8 a.m. and out by 9:45 because it was already too hot! I was looking for vintage frames(no luck), but found an amazing portrait on canvas. I decided at the time that since I was only going to buy what I came looking for~ frames, vintage cards & misc. ephemera, that I wouldn't buy it. After I got home I kept thinking about how I wish I had bought it, not that I have any wall space left for it anyways.
It reminded me of the time when I was at a flea market( a really good one, that only comes around once a month) and I had found a beautiful(but very expensive) vintage Eiderdown. I figured that when it was time to leave and I still wanted to buy it... and if it was even still there, then I would. Well, I was also very pregnant at the time and thought I was having contractions, so I left the flea market, went to the hospital and made sure I wasn't in labor ~ then went back and bought the eiderdown!



So this afternoon after thinking about how badly I still wanted the portrait, I headed back to the flea market.... and luckily she was still there! Yeah :)
And yes, I know that a pyrex dish, ice tray and little plastic people weren't on my list either... but I really needed them too.

7 comments:

ittybittybirdy said...

What a funny story! I try to only let myself go to the market every other weekend. I also tend to be a little lazy now that I have to go early because I know work on sundays. I use to stroll in around 11am and chat with all my favorite venders. I know most of them by name :) Now they get worried and ask were I've been! Lovely finds- I spy a girl in a bag... is she bride! She seems very sweet! And the portrait is so lovely!

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

Ooh...looks like you had fun!!! I love vintage pyrex too! :)

Kristen said...

I believe the girl in the bag is supposed to be snow white... or maybe another character??? But I do have little plastic brides too.
For some reason I've ended up with a really LARGE collection of little brides, grooms & brides maids~ I'll have to post a picture of them sometime..... I really do have a lot!! I guess I have a thing for little plastic people :)

Anonymous said...

Of course you needed that awesome Pyrex dish - who wouldn't. If only to hold the little men. :)

Nice blog, found you on Etsy through the BlogRoll thread. :)

Linda Summerfield said...

Funky portraits and the seven dwarfs never make our list of the things we need! I am glad you gave a home to the fabulous things that everyone else passes by.
Linda

Rosebud Collection said...

These are the things in life that make us happy..at least I think that way..Doesn't take tons of money, but just flea markets, goodwills, etc..Darn, they are fun..You have some real good buys there.

Roxie Morrow said...

Wow, what great finds. And to think that Sunday is coming up again. Have fun with all your finding.
Roxie